- CalFresh is a state program that you may receive an average of $150 /month for groceries.
- CalFresh is a California financial aid program that helps students buy food and eat healthier.
- It won’t affect your financial aid and you don’t need your parent’s tax return information to apply.
- 2 in 5 students are eligible for CalFresh.
California Work Opportunities & Responsibilities to Kids (CalWORKs) assists students who are receiving various forms of public assistance become independent. We provide specialized counseling, subsidized employment, mentoring, advocacy and personal/professional development to assist eligible students with personal, academic, and career goals.
- Be a current CMC student
- Be receiving at least $1 of cash aid for themselves
- Provide a current Passport to Services (Gen2000) and Welfare to Work Plan
- Complete the CMC Verification form
- Individualized Academic, Transfer and Personal Counseling
- Gas and Meal Cards
- School Supplies
- Parking Permits
- Campus and Community Referrals
OTHER RESOURCES Dial 2-1-1
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. http://www.211sb.org/
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Elder Abuse Hotline: 1-888-436-3600
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Safely Surrendered Baby Law: Dial 2-1-1 www.babysafe.ca.gov
Copper Mountain College
6162 Rotary Way
P.O. Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
(760) 366-3791, ext. 5810
(760) 366-5257 fax
CalWORKs is located in the Office of Student Services in the 300 Quad, next to Bruce’s Place.